HCC Partners With Area Churches to Increase Bridgeport’s Vaccination Rate
Housatonic Community College (HCC), area churches and Griffin Health have joined forces to help increase Bridgeport’s COVID-19 vaccination rate. Together the organizations have created popup vaccination clinics offering both vaccinations and boosters in the coming weeks.
“In collaboration with Griffin Health and the Bridgeport churches, we are making strides to raise the local vaccination rates by providing access to community members. Vaccines, booster shots, and 1st and 2nd doses are available. We encourage all those who are ages five and up and in need of the vaccine to come,” said Robin Avant, HCC’s Dean of Academic Affairs.
The Bridgeport vaccination clinics will take place as follows:
- November 10 from 4pm - 7pm at Word of Faith, located at 748 Connecticut Avenue.
- November 10 from 10am – 2pm at Messiah Baptist Church, located at 210 Congress Street
- November 13 from 10am – 1pm at Word of Faith, located at 748 Connecticut Avenue.
- November 13 from 9am – 12pm at St. John’s Family Center, located at 1067 Park Avenue.
- December 1 from 10am – 2pm at Messiah Baptist Church, located at 210 Congress Street.
Caption For Photo Above: Popup vaccination clinics in Bridgeport will offer vaccinations and boosters in the coming weeks thanks to a community partnership.