Criag Leachman is This Month’s Student Profile!
Craig Leachman is this month’s Student Profile. Craig is a busy student and also works outside the school, sometimes working 12 hour shifts! He keeps busy but will no doubt be successful. Here are some quick questions we asked Craig recently.
1. How did you learn about HCC? Did you begin your studies right after high school?
When I moved to Bridgeport back in 09, I did some research on colleges to go to in CT. I was very fortunate to had found this school. Before I found HCC I was a struggling C student. Due to my low grades I wasn't able to get into the school I wanted to enroll in. When I enrolled in HCC I took the opportunity to build myself as not only as a student but also as a leader and a person for the real world.
2. What is your major and what do you plan to do after you graduate?
I'm a double major, I'm majoring graphic design and fine arts, I am going to school to become a art professor. I want to teach high school students because when I was in high school that's when I decided that I wanted to be an art professor.
3. So far, what has been your favorite course?
I don't have a favorite course because I learned different things from the various courses that I've taken. on the other hand, I'm glad to gain so much knowledge from each course
4. Do you also work? If yes, do you find it difficult to find time to study and work at your job?
I work two jobs, I work on campus at the student life office, and at Walmart as an receiving associate. yes it can be difficult.
5. What would you tell someone who is thinking about applying at HCC?
HCC is a great school with many opportunities, great professors and classes.coming here you will achieve greatness.